WEEKEND GETAWAY

On Friday, I got the chance to go to a church retreat center called Damascus in Centerburg, Ohio. The retreat was called The Father’s House based on the Parable of the Prodigal Son (Luke 15:11-32). Total, there were about 100 students from The Ohio State University, University of Akron, University of Cincinnati, and Ohio Northern University. Everyone I met was super nice. Friday consisted of mediation, small groups, and the first talk. On Saturday, there were two more talks, mediation, small groups, mass, and swing dancing at night. There was also two hours of free time. My friends and I went to the lake and caught some rays on the dock. Which was much needed! On Sunday, there was the last talk, small groups, and mass. 

Our sleeping arrangements were interesting. I have never experienced anything like it. We were in large cabins with around 50 bunk beds. There were two separate bathrooms a few feet away from the cabins. To make matters worse, my sister was in the other girl's cabin. Like all twins, we share everything. When we go on trips, we typically pack all our clothes together. It makes more space for the two of us. Luckily, we decided not to for this trip. I am not sure we decided to pack our clothes separately but I am so glad that we did. However, she had all the toiletries. We made arrangements to meet each morning at 7:15 a.m. in the right side bathroom. It worked out! I knew nobody in my cabin. Luckily, I started talking to the girl that was on my top bunk. She is a fifth year student at The Ohio State University. Maddie was the nicest person I have ever met. She took a genuine interest in everything I said. Maddie even said that she would come and visit Chelsea and me at Ohio Northern soon!


Another girl named Bonnie is a senior at The Ohio State University. She is friends with one of the missionaries that is stationed at Ohio Northern. They have not seen each other in a long time. It was so sweet to see the two of them rekindle their friendship. Bonnie was my small group leader who challenged me to ponder what it means to live in the Fathers House.


Comments

  1. Megan, it sounds like you had an eventful and fun-filled weekend! You have great friends!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts