FALL TIME IS HERE!

I am definitely biased, but fall is the best season. When I think of fall, I think of apple cider, hay rides, and leaves changing colors. I also love the change of the weather. I have always been a sweater girl. My closet is full of over 40 sweaters. No joke. My birthday is also in late October. I think that October birthdays are the best. If you have an October birthday, you know what I mean. 

My fall break did not disappoint. I petted my dog and watched Hallmark movies till bedtime on Friday. Saturday was when all the fun happened. I picked out a perfect thrifted warm sweater for the day. My parents, Chelsea and I went to a farm called Young’s Dairy in Yellow Springs, Ohio. I have been going to Young’s Dairy since I was in diapers. The farm has had a face lift over the years, but the memories always last a lifetime. I started off the day with getting pumpkin ice cream. We then went on a hay ride to the pumpkin patch. One thing about me is that I love anything with character and quirks. Of course, I was searching for the biggest and most unique pumpkin I could find. When I laid eyes on an imperfectly round pumpkin with lumps, I knew it was the one. Carrying my pumpkin to the car was a hassle because it weighs close to 20 pounds. Good thing I skipped arm day on Thursday! 


Sunday was also a busy day. After church, we went to another farm in Arcanum, Ohio called Brumbaugh's. Brumbaugh’s is a small family farm that I remember going to for field trips when I was little. The farm is mainly for kids, but adults can still have a fun time too. We got a bucket of apples and apple cider slushies. We also got our dog and cat gourds. I picked out a spunky looking gourd for my dog, Dobby. Chelsea picked a smaller gourd for our cat, Lucy. They both loved it. We finished the day by watching cheesy fall Hallmark movies. Our family has also been watching a Hallmark show called When Calls The Heart. This show is one of my favorites. If you ever get a chance to watch When Calls The Heart, watch it!


Comments

  1. I love Young's Dairy! You're definitely right about it getting a facelift recently. I went to their new restaurant after spending a week in the woods last summer and it was sensory overload. The pumpkin ice cream is also so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a lot of fun over fall break! This was an amazing way to spend fall break and I might have to watch When Calls The Heart!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts