CHAPTER 3 READING: MOST INTERESTING

  I really liked reading through the steps for social media marketing strategy. The book does a great job of letting readers follow clear and easy steps on how to hit each one of the learning objectives. When I read the title of section three step two, Conduct a Social Media Audit, I got nervous. When I saw the word audit, I got even more nervous. When I think of audit, I think of accounting. I am not an accounting person at all. After reading that section, the book convinced me that this type of audit does not have to deal with accounting. But this audit has to deal with SWOT, social listening, and competitive assessments. Dodged a bullet there. I have never heard of social media listening. Maybe sometime in the future, I will follow the bullet points on the page and conduct my own social media listening and SWOT. SWOT has always interested me. I think that the concept of it is very important for companies. It helps companies see what they can do better and what they can work on. 

Something else that I enjoyed reading was section six step five. I think that Establishing a Tone of Voice is something that is really important for any company. I thought the Wendy's example was absolutely hilarious. It was a risk for Wendy’s to comment something so sarcastic. However, the risk paid off. The customers enjoyed the sarcastic comment and became receptive to it. In my eyes, it made the Wendy’s brand more “human.” They became more relatable with that comment. 


  The last thing that I thought was interesting was section nine step eight. I was a little confused with the title: Create a Distribution and Content Strategy. The book clearly defines what a social media distribution strategy and a social media content strategy are. I have never heard of both of those till I read the book. I thought it was interesting how the book says that, “Engagement will vary depending on network, industry, and target market.” It makes total sense but I don’t ever think about it! 


Podcast link: https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0?ui=2&ik=197ffafeea&attid=0.1&permmsgid=msg-f:1776322230813451442&th=18a6c3a85643e4b2&view=att&disp=safe 


Comments

Popular Posts